If your current method for making tuna melts is mixing tuna with mayo, throwing it on a piece of bread, and blanketing it with a piece of processed cheese, then keep reading. This variation from that classic after school snack will please you and appease you. If you're as big of a fan of hot lunches as I am, you'll surely enjoy this easy fix. And if you don't want to stray too far from the "classic", then you can keep your beloved processed cheese in the mix.
What you will need:
fresh whole wheat bread or bun
salt and pepper
- Boil water for your egg (hard boiled = 8 minutes)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 C
- In mixing bowl, combine tuna, mayo, chopped tomato, cheese, green olives, and salt and pepper
- Once egg is done, peel and chop directly into mix
- Combine well (add a little sriracha sauce if you like it spicy) and scoop onto bread
- Pop pieces in the oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is toasty
It doesn't get much easier than this folks! Add a salad, and you've got yourself a pretty balanced meal - awesome breath included!