This recipe is a complete rip off of Fresh's All-Star Salad. After trying this at the restaurant, I found it quite easy to recreate this version at home.
The combination of flavours is so wonderful, you'll want to eat this every day. It's also one of those "I'm so proud of myself for eating healthy" dishes. This is a super superfood salad (damn, I should have called it that instead).Feel free to add/subtract ingredients as you see fit. I trust you will enjoy (and I'm really not a salad person). This is a filling meal. No need to pair with a main course.
The recipe is a rough guideline for 4 servings. If you like something more, then use more of that ingredient. See? Cooking is fun.
What you'll need:
1 sweet potato
1 cup quinoa
1 cup edamame beans (shelled)
6 cups purple kale (or a similar veg)
1/2 cup dried goji berries (or dried cranberries)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup flax seeds
1/2 bunch cilantro
1/4 bunch parsley
optional: marinated grilled tofu, sprouts, your favourite ingredients, etc
tahini, lemon, water, and S&P to taste
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Slice sweet potato into discs, brush with oil, sprinkle with cinnamon, and bake for about 20 minutes (turning once)
- Cook quinoa (this is so easy in a rice cooker - 1 c quinoa, 2 c water) and set aside
- In each bowl, combine kale (stalks removed), parsley, and cilantro
- Top with edamame, berries, and seeds
- Add a few slices of sweet potato, and a few spoonfuls of quinoa
- Serve with lemon-tahini dressing